By: Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
Often people mistakenly think preparing a salad or even preparing healthy food is difficult, but it really is so easy and only takes a few minutes to prepare something nutritious, healthy and delicious. This is a nutrient packed easy salad to prepare and takes only 5-10 minutes to throw together (depending on how fast you get in the kitchen!). I always love to add nuts and seeds to give it that crunchy texture with the added nutrients. You can add your choice of healthy protein or simply enjoy this salad on its own.
- 1 beet (beetroot)
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach, chopped
- 2 kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (mixture of white and black)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash all produce well.
- Add beet, apple and carrot to food processor and grate.
- Add all the salad ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together and dress salad to your liking.
- Beet – purple carrot, red cabbage
- Carrot – pumpkin, winter squash, purple carrot
- Apple – pear
- Sunflower seeds – chia seeds
- Peptitas – sunflower seeds
- Pine nuts – chopped cashews, pecans, macadamias
- Sesame seeds – white chia seeds
- Olive oil – coconut oil, avocado, hemp oil
Cook time: 0 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat5g
- Protein 10g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.