With the New Year finally upon us one of my many resolutions (which seems to be repeating itself yearly…..sigh) is committing to prepping my meals every single week along with consistent morning workouts. Yep you heard it here first folks. More on my weekly meal prep routine later this week, but hey, making a big batch of muffins on Sundays sure makes for an easy transition! These muffins are completely clean, and taste super moist and deeeeelicious. Banana bread is legit one of my weaknesses, ha just ask my Grandma, so it was a no-brainer to add them into my morning rotation.
The best thing about making muffins for the week is that they’re easy to grab on-the-go when you don’t have time to make breakfast in the mornings which, let’s face it, is pretty much every morning for me OR they make a perfect mid-day snack! There is absolutely no oil or butter in these and I added honey to sweeten them up along with a little vanilla extract and cinnamon.
Seriously……go make these ASAP!
In other news……I got a new camera y’all!!
This Christmas was such a HUGE shock to me. My sweet hubby and mom both surprised me with something I have literally been pining over for about a year now – this Canon 5D Mark III with a 100mm macro lens. I absolutely love photography, but have just been feeling so stagnant and held back in my abilities due to still using my beginner DSLR. I was also, embarrassingly enough, still finding myself shooting in automatic because I struggled with getting the colors to look right. Well my new Canon has forced me to learn all sorts of new things and the process has been so much fun! My photos have definitely come a long way since this horrific thing back in 2011 (eeeek), but I’m also looking forward to seeing how my photos will look a year or two from now as well!
Hope you all enjoy these super easy to make muffins as much as I did! They’re really customizable too so feel free to throw in a little protein powder if you so desire or even some chocolate chips if you’d like more of a dessert than a breakfast muffin. Either way I think you’ll love these!
Cheers to 2016!
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg then add mashed bananas, applesauce, honey and yogurt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4ths full and bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 muffin • Calories: 106 • Fat: 0.8 g • Carbs: 23.7 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Protein: 3 g • WW Points+: 3 pts