Breakfast Flatbread Pizza
- 1 medium slice center-cut bacon
- 2 large (50 grams each) eggs
- 1 large (60 grams) pita flatbread
- 1 teaspoon reduced fat (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced bell pepper
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and cook bacon for 7 minutes. Blot grease and allow to cool, then slice and set aside.
Scramble the eggs, but don’t cook all the way through. They need to be moist because they’ll finish cooking in the oven.
Place flatbread on baking sheet and spread with cream cheese. Top evenly with eggs, bacon, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
Bake in 400 degree F oven for 8 minutes until flatbread is crispy and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives and slice into four triangles while hot.
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1 pizza
Per serving: Calories: 363; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 387mg; Sodium: 316mg; Carbohydrate: 30g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 23g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 341mg; Iron: 10%; Vitamin A: 35%; Vitamin C: 68%; Calcium: 11%
Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD, LDN is a sports dietitian in Orlando, FL and co-author of the Flat Belly Cookbook for Dummies. She writes the food and nutrition blog, Love & Zest, where she shares recipes, life, and nutrition. Connect with her outside of the blog on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.